Monday, May 5, 2008

Reflection in Manila

So, we have been in Manila since Friday. Enduring the hottest days ever. We are practicing daily, which is great, dripping pounds of sweat and eating some interesting foods. It is great here. We stay at Tony's family's compound and have the luxury or being driven places and shopping at Green Hills. Right now Heidi is chatting with Steve, Chad is sleeping and I am just enjoying a little time to reflect. I have been "skyping" with Ryan a lot.....It s hard to be away from the people you love for so long and be 15 hours time difference from them. Ryan just finished his last baseball game of the season. Thank goodness. He also found out a close friend's dad passed away Sunday morning. I know his friend Andy, and Ryan was very close with the family. We have been talking about it a lot and it makes you really think about how powerful God is. Well, I know it has made me think of how strong Andy and his family have become through this. As well, how badly we all wish it does not happen to us. It is hard to understand. The only thing I can gather form this is how powerful our Lord is and He decides when it is time for us to go. When you are removed from a situation it can be hard to feel for them, but just knowing Andy's family makes it easy to believe his dad is at peace and so is the family. To all my family and friends that read this, just know that as I am FAR away, I miss you all and love you dearly and pray for you as often as I can. PS. Dont forget Mother's Day on Sunday! Bye for now!~

No comments: